Why the Tree of Life?

11.29.2005

Five Vowels

K and I have officially started working on reading. On his own, he has been asking me when I was going to teach him to read. He was also noticing words on everything and beginning to ask what they said. So, I went ahead and ordered the reading program that I had decided we were going to use, thinking that I would shelve it if it proved to be too early. Well, we started with the short vowel sound for 'A' on last Friday, and so far, he has really been enjoying it. Our lesson was cut short this morning (which are already only about five minutes long), and he reminded me when we were trying to get settled for nap that we still needed to do the last part. I hope his enthusiasm stays! We've done all the vowels except for ' U', which will be the lesson for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment