Why the Tree of Life?

10.22.2007

Pregnancy Update

It's been a long six or so weeks, but I am finally starting to feel a little bit better. It was apparently wishful thinking on my part that I wouldn't have any morning sickness this time. Luckily, my mother and mother-in-law have been able to come and help out with the boys so that I could just sleep and work on not throwing up. I don't know what I would have done without them. I met a woman Sunday who had nineteen weeks of sickness with both her pregnancies. I'm counting my blessings.

At one point during the worst of my nausea, I emailed an OB friend asking what my options were on helping me to feel better. One factor to check for was twins, so she let me go down to her office during her lunch break for a quick sonogram. No twins, but very likely a boy. I'm talking Evan into the name Roken Daniel.

In other news, we have decided to have a homebirth, and that decision was made kind of official today since I picked up my records from my OB's office to deliver to my new midwife. We have our first appointment with her this Thursday. Her name is Michele Fitzgerald. I'm excited and feel like we are in great hands.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better! That was a looooong six weeks, I'm sure.

    A homebirth...yay!!! We loved having FaerieFe at home, but it was a huge decision. I'm so glad you and Evan have found a midwife that you both like. That makes all the difference.

    Happy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I'm so glad you're feeling better, I hope it stays that way! I was sick my entire 2nd trimester with J, and my entire 2nd AND 3rd trimesters with Zoo Boy (I was still vomitting the morning I had him!). The only thing that seemed to help me was drinking a sip or two of Coca Cola -- I don't even like Coke, but I know that traditionlly Coke Syrup was used as an anti-nausea remedy, so I guess there's a reason. I was SOOOO sick, but I'd do it again in a hearbeat if I could! :-) Best of luck for good health and a wonderful homebirth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better, and feeling well enough to post! Hopefully you're over the worst bit and will be able to have a restful rest of the pregnancy.

    I don't know how to do that, but it sure sounds nice. : )

    ReplyDelete