Why the Tree of Life?

11.19.2007

Surprise!

I had gotten used to the idea of three boys ever since the twins-check sonogram that I had when I was 14 weeks. Our OB friend thought she saw a boy, but she wouldn't commit. E swore he saw a boy, too, so he was even more shocked. I figured it was a boy, too. Everybody else was so convinced!

We had my 20 week sonogram today, and it clearly showed a GIRL! K knew all along. We had told him it was probably a boy, but he wouldn't listen. He was emphatic. So, if you need a baby predictor, K's got connections somehow and with someone in the know.

So now, I have to completely change my thinking. It was exciting and unsettling at the same time. I had hoped for a girl, but had let go of that. I had begun imagining three boys yelling and screaming and jumping off the furniture, and me saying things like, "See! This is why we can't have nice things!"

Now that I've gotten what I wished for... what are we going to do with a girl?? I felt completely prepared for another boy, but we're entering a whole new territory here. I'm not particularly good a being a girl myself. There are all sorts of girly things I should care about, but don't. At least one of her aunts is going to have to live nearby. That's just how it's going to have to be.

But, yes, we are super excited. And scared. And thinking about the new sections of stores I get to explore now. :)

4 comments:

  1. oh wow! well i can tell you that if your girl is anything like ours she will be jumping off the couch and yelling and screaming just as much if not more than the boys, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And think! You'll be just right for me to give all the gret things that Cotton grows out of!

    The clothing is really the biggest difference when they're small. I was never good at the girly things, but Seph seems to think we're ok, even as she gets bigger, and I'm sure you'll all adjust. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jennifer! I am sooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you'll be able to say exactly all the same things, don't you worry! I must say, "See, this is why we can't have nice things" at least once a day!

    I'm glad you're feeling better, and congratulations! I was never much of a girlie girl, either, so it's been fun seeing how they each have their own way of owning their girl-ness! I'm sure the boys will have such a good time being older brothers.

    Oh, and happy birthday to Kirven!! The sparklers looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete