Why the Tree of Life?

12.03.2007

Happy 5th Birthday, K!



Keeping with the H family tradition of week long birthdays, K had several parties to celebrates turning five, or at least present openings. Thank goodness for the one-gift rule! On the Sunday before his birthday, we had a few of his friends over to play, eat mini pizzas and cake, and drink lemonade. On his actual birthday, he opened his presents from us and from D, and then we had a family dinner at Romeo's (his choice) with my extended family in from out of town for Thanksgiving, followed by opening presents from Mamma and Grandad and the Simons. He received another couple presents on the Friday after Thanksgiving from his great-grandparents and Aunt B. Then, when we went to Waxahachie to visit E's family, he got to open his present from Grammy and Grandpa. Oh, I forgot, Uncle T gave him his first present on Saturday. But, it was really nice to have them all spread out this way. K. was really able to focus on each gift and really enjoy each one without flitting to the next thing.




His favorite present was a digital camera made for kids, and I think he has taken about a million pictures and short movies. He even took it to my last midwife appointment and has been known to sleep with it. He and I together will have to post his favorites shots soon.





The day after his last birthday, K declared he wanted a 'train' cake for his next birthday. He's stood by that decision the whole year. He didn't want me to make it, which I could handle, and he wanted it to be chocolate with white icing and a train on top. Okie dokie. While we were at the bakery, he saw sparklers in the shape of letters, so we bought his name's worth, and burned K on his birthday. I know he pictured them actually burning on his cake, inside the house, but we had to compromise and stick them in the ground outside. Besides the cake, I think it was the highlight of the party.



1 comment:

  1. Look at those cute candles! I'm glad Kirven had such a festive week for his brithday, and I'm very grateful that you gave me a few hours with just our littlest one.

    And Rone has a camera similar to Kirven's--we'll have to give them photo assignments so we can see how each one interprets our instructions.

    And you more than half done already--I know it must seem long to you, but you're pregnancy is flying by from my point of view!

    ReplyDelete