Why the Tree of Life?

2.18.2008

Training Wheels

K asked to have his training wheels taken off, so he and E took them off on Sunday. After they were off, K decided he wasn't ready to try to ride. Today, though, he was ready to go. He wanted no help from me, and he wanted to wear his rain boots. He worked on it for a long time in the backyard, then he came in for his helmet. D and I filled the birdfeeder and the squirrel feeder, and about that time, K wondered if I could ---maybe--- just help him get started, but then let go right away. Once I got involved, I realized that he had lots of obstacles in the backyard to try to avoid, so we moved to the front. With the exception of getting started, he got pretty good at balancing and pedaling a little ways. I think we will head over to the park tomorrow where he will have lots of room, and I won't have to worry about either boy getting run over.

At one point, D decided he was cold (he was barefoot, of course), and wanted to go in. He headed around to the back where the sliding door was open, and he was supposed to wave at me from the window so that I knew he had made it inside. Well, he didn't show and he didn't show, so I told K to pause a moment while I checked on D. I headed around back, and went through the sliding door and found that D had helped himself to (another) yobaby yogurt, and he was standing at the end of the table and eating it with his fingers. 'Do you want a spoon?' 'No... I'm eating this yobaby-yo with my fingers.' (Can't you see that, Mom?) Do you want a napkin? No. Do you want the bear bib to catch the drips? No. Ok... well, I gotta get back out front where K is. OK, bye!

D's not a baby anymore either.

No comments:

Post a Comment