Why the Tree of Life?

4.11.2008

Ayla Kjerstine Marchman

Ayla's finally here! She was born Thursday morning, April 10th, at 12:39am. She weighed 8lbs. 14oz and was 20.5 inches long. I started 'warm-up' labor Tuesday night with intense contractions coming every six minutes. Those then spaced out to about one every 15-30 minutes. Finally, after about 24 hours of wondering how long this was going to go on, active labor kicked in about 9:15pm Wednesday, and she was born about three hours later.

The homebirth was wonderful! My midwives were awesome! I only wish I had known more about homebirthing with Kirven and Dunagan.

Ayla sometimes looks like Kirven to us and sometimes like Dunagan. She's going to be olive complected like her daddy, and she's beautiful.

Pictures and birth story to come soon (as possible). :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jennifer, and to your entire family, on the birth of your wonderful daughter!! I've been checking in every couple of days awaiting your joyful news! Can't wait to read the birth story. A very happy baby-moon to you all!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, she is lovely! And born on my youngest brother's birthday, too, for extra specialness!! I'm so very glad all went well, and I must stop by for a visit and a hug! I just love the pictures of Dunagan grinning from ear to ear. I know they'll be awesome big brothers.

    Congratulations to you all!

    ReplyDelete