Why the Tree of Life?

12.30.2008

Ayla's Walking



Yep, that's right, folks. Ayla's walking at 8 1/2 months. I don't have any video proof at the moment, so you're just going to have to trust me on this, but she's taking about 10 steps before she falls.

If you click on the picture above, you can see the beating she's giving herself as she's learning how to do this new skill. As Grandpa said after seeing her over Christmas, 'She's just a fall waiting to happen, isn't she?'

And totally unrelated, I don't know if you can see it, but her hair sticks up off the sides of her head. She looks like she has wings. When I wash her hair, it sticks straight out all over her head as if I had rubbed it all over with a balloon. If you hold her up in the air, you can tell way the wind is blowing. She's very handy to have around in that respect.

2 comments:

  1. No way! I have never heard of a baby walking that young! She's a record-setter, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho-ly-cow! Man, she is just going to keep you guys on your toes, isn't she? 8 1/2 months. . . Boy oh boy.
    Good luck keeping up with her!
    Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete