Why the Tree of Life?

12.03.2008

Puppets


The boys saw a marionette puppet show of Jack and the Beanstalk while we were in Waxahachie, and they loved it. I thought it would be a simple thing to choose Jack and the Sass Patch, a version of Jack and the Beanstalk, as our Enki story for this week, but for some inexplicable reason, Kirven was afraid of the story during the first reading, and absolutely refused to listen to it this morning.

But, also interestingly, he was very interested in putting on his own puppet show of Jack and the Beanstalk. So, I'm going with that. We made puppets all afternoon, and the boys practiced a little bit. Dunagan is planning on selling popcorn, and Kirven was even musing about who else we could invite besides Daddy.

I still don't know why he's afraid of the story, and of course, he can't articulate it to me. I'm planning on reading Little Red-Cap (Little Red Riding Hood) next week, but I'm not at all certain if we'll make it through or not. We may have to go back to strictly folk tales for awhile. But he's close. He would have found the puppet show terrifying not that long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment