Why the Tree of Life?

5.27.2009

Chore Chart


I've been wanting a chore chart for the boys for a long time. I've looked around for one to buy, but none of the ones I could find were quite what I was looking for. I was wanting something super simple. I had a chance a couple of weeks ago to work on my own idea, and I am very pleased with the results. I bought a magnetic white board, some red crepe art tape and 48-1"square blank magnets. With the tape, I made a 'To Do' side and a 'Done' side.


Then I found free clip art pictures to represent each of the chores the boys can do, saved them to my desktop, reduced them all to one inch, made two images of each, printed them out, stuck a magnet behind them, cut them out and colored them (our printer is only B&W).


And that was it. The chore chart has been a big hit. The boys love it, and so far, the novelty hasn't worn off yet, so chore time is super exciting. I really like that they have a little more independence around this part of the day, and we all work together.

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea, Jennifer! Where did you get the magnets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly,

    I got everything at Office Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, either you're really brilliant or just really, really motivated. :-) I LOVE IT and I'm totally going to copy it!

    ReplyDelete