Why the Tree of Life?

1.06.2010

Casting On

Kirven made knitting needles, and we've done the story cycle for introducing knitting. He's got casting on down pat, but I think knitting will take a bit longer for him to get the hang of.


Making the needles was suprisingly easy! It's just a 1/4" dowel rod cut in quarters, and then sharpened with a pencil sharpener! We sanded the points a little duller with fine sandpaper, but it didn't take much. And then we made decorative ends out of sculpey clay, baked those, and wood glued them onto the ends. I think I'll go into business making adorable knitting needles.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Kirven! Your knitting needles are very nice.
    Jennifer....do you have a verse or story for casting on that you would like to share with me? I miss you! Hope to catch up soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I need help casting on! I can't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mama Teaching 2! There is a good video on youtube. I just tried to paste the link in here, but it won't let me for some reason! Type 'Casting on' in the search box, and take the first choice. I think it is by 'Experience Cafe'.

    HTH!

    ReplyDelete