Why the Tree of Life?

7.06.2011

Changing Directions

Our homeschool has undergone a slow and necessary transformation as I have sifted through what works for us and what doesn't. As a result, I am a little bit at a loss as to who my audience is now on this blog.

With Enki no longer our primary curriculum, and with a general feeling that I don't need labels anymore as much as I did in the past, I don't have quite the sense of purpose writing here as I did before. Impulsively, I deleted all the links in the side column, as some have noticed. Now, I kind of wish I hadn't, but that's ok, too. I don't think I want to be a hub of information for something I don't believe in 100%. Our homeschooling is much more eclectic now, and we're no longer exclusively using a method that requires so much outside support. In the past, I felt this blog was helping to fill a need, but now, not so much.

So, who am I writing for now? Family and friends, I think; my own personal scrapbook really. I plan to still post here, and actually want to get back to more regular posting. My biggest hurdle right now is forming a picture-downloading habit and finding a regular, dedicated blogging time.

And when I get my awesome Sportsmobile, and we're traveling across the country, I think this will be a great travelogue. No, seriously. Stop laughing.

But anyway, if you have been a longtime reader of my blog because of Enki (or Quakerism) and wondering why things have really fallen off, that's why.

1 comment:

  1. As someone who has never managed to stick to one particular philosophy or method, I'd love to hear a littl more about how and why your approach has shifted.

    The Sportsmobile sure sounds great!

    ReplyDelete