Why the Tree of Life?

7.20.2011

Description of a Pencil

by Kirven (with the help of spell check)

pencil triangle in pencil box dirty yews often me not like


(Background information: Kirven doesn't like narration/recall and summary making, so I am going to find him a different writing curriculum. In the interim, I asked him to describe his pencil today, and he was allowed to type and use spell check. He uses the Lyra triangular pencils, and his pencil box is very dirty. We are going to edit his little haiku-- count the syllables, it's really close!--- into an actual sentence tomorrow, and work on expanding it a little.)

2 comments:

  1. Kirven,
    I often feel like pencils make me want to wash my hands. I am glad you posted with your mom about this.
    Jen (Rone's mom)

    ReplyDelete